Taking care of our own
To ensure the well-being and safety of our travelers and staff throughout our operational chain, Terra Explorer will comply with the health and safety measures and protocols established by the Peruvian Association of Adventure Tourism and Ecotourism (APTAE), and implement the Covid-19 health and safety guidelines for adventure tourism developed by the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA).
Our experiences are designed considering the least possible exposure, where the final destinations are usually remote places. By their very nature, our adventure activities are considered to be low risk, mainly because they are performed outdoors where ventilation is constant and making it easy to achieve social distancing.
During these times we are working together with a small staff of honorable people who have been part of the Terra Explorer family for many years. They and their families are aligned with the established health and safety measures. Employing these staff members also seeks to reactivate the local economy.
We guarantee a safe, soul-fulfilling trip to all our travelers for whom we make these adventures possible.
Our promise to you
Terra Explorer will strictly comply with the safety, cleaning, and hygiene protocols during our internal processes, third parties, and throughout your trip. This involves:
- All staff involved in Terra Explorer operations are fully vaccinated and the guides are tested for Covid-19 one day prior to meeting clients.
- Rigorous and constant disinfection of equipment, food and beverages, surfaces shared by travelers, places of activities, accommodation, and transportation.
- Providing our clients with disinfection stations and resources for personal hygiene at all times of the trip.
- Personnel trained to comply with the new measures: Use of protective equipment during work, good hygiene practice, social distancing, proper use of hygiene equipment for surfaces and clothing, self-assessment of health and how to respond to the possible event that oneself or someone close to them shows symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Constant health monitoring of all personnel involved with Terra Explorer.
- Guides trained to comply with the new security protocols, deliver the appropriate information to the traveler, monitor our travelers‘ health, and follow the established protocols in case a traveler shows symptoms or gets infected with COVID-19.
- Established protocols and contingency plans if a traveler or staff shows symptoms or gets infected with COVID-19, including medical assistance if required.
- Keeping you informed before and during your trip, with updates and official news of each visited destination.
Your promise to us
Follow the instructions related to health and safety given by the Terra Explorer team and your guide, before and during your trip.
- Good hygiene practice.
- Compliance with the guidelines provided by local authorities in Peru, such as social distancing, use of masks where necessary, and hand washing.
Stay home if:
- Someone close to you or yourself shows symptoms related to COVID-19.
- You have been exposed to or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- You have been diagnosed with a severe medical condition that makes you vulnerable.
Flexible bookings & cancellation policies
With the intention of delivering the most flexibility at the time of confirming your trip, we will determine the amount of the initial deposit individually and according to your itinerary characteristics.
Secure your trip with a deposit and pay the rest in one or more payments, at a time that suits you best. Please make sure you adhere to our policy and pay in full at least 31 days prior to your trip date.
Cancellation penalties & credits
If you need to cancel your trip, we will apply the following flexible policies.
- Cancellations up to 31 days prior to the trip start date: The paid deposit is refundable or may be used as credit for a future trip.
- Cancellations made between 30 and 16 days prior to the trip start date: 50% of total trip rate. This penalty is subject to negotiation with suppliers for the total or partial refund of the paid amount, either in cash or credit for a future trip.
- Cancellations made 15 days or less prior to trip start date will be considered a “no-show” and 100% of total trip cost applies. This penalty is subject to negotiation with suppliers for the total or partial refund of the paid amount, either in cash or credit for a future trip.
- Our trips are custom-made. Therefore, we will adapt our payment and cancellation policies individually in a flexible way and according to the booked services.
- Travel Insurance: We strongly recommended that prior to your trip you purchase a comprehensive travel insurance that will suit your particular situation and needs, taking into consideration eventualities that may arise from the current global Covid-19 pandemic.
For more detailed information on our terms and conditions and Covid-19 policies, please contact us at [email protected]